The following suggestions are meant for first-time home buyers but hopefully may be helpful to any buyer.
- 90% of the listings and sales in the Victor Valley are Bank Owned or Short Sale properties. In these instances, the seller (a Lender) is going to require proof of your ability to buy the home WITH the offer. This means that the very first step in the buying process will be tomeet with your lender of choice.
- Even if this lender approval was not required it is always a good idea to know about the true cost of home ownership before you start looking. Choosing a home that will have a “comfortable” payment may be more important than choosing a home with a comfortable family room.
- Now you are ready to begin your home search. Do you want to live in a particular city or neighborhood? You can find information about neighborhoods and schools on the Shear Realty website. Further information can be found at either the City web sites or Chamber web sites for the Town of Apple Valley, the City of Hesperia or the City of Victorville.
- If possible, drive the neighborhood you have selected to make sure that the location matches your needs.
- Once you have narrowed your search be sure to sign up to receive automatic notification of any new listings in your neighborhood. You can sign up for this free service on our company website or any of our agent’s websites.